Sunday, November 23, 2008

Character: Ji-li's Mother
Student Name: Siddhant Talwar

1. Question: Why did the police lock your husband up?

Answer:
They locked him up because he wasn't ready to confess that he listened to foreign radio although he didn't do anything. And they also accused of him being a counterrevolutionary and also for creating revolutionary ties. This was stated on pg # 181-183 in the Red Scarf Girl. 

2. Question: What did you want to know about your husband when he never came back (Ji-li's father)?

Answer: I wanted to know about what happened to my husband and I also wanted to know why was Ji-li's dad in prison. I wasn’t having a good feeling. I thought he was living in bad conditions, not eating well, is he troubled from the struggle meetings he had to face and I was wondering why his salary got cut to the half he had before? Or did he become prisoner because he was the son of a landlord. Talking about landlord’s my daughter hasn’t looked her grandfather’s face and nor have I, so why is her class status still thought of being a black. If you check my husbands work unit you can check that we are not blacks.This was stated on Page #182 in the Red scarf girl. 




3. Question: Under communism everyone should be treated equally. Does Mao treat everyone equally, in your experience?

Answer: No, this can't be true. A person who actually sends his loyal people (communism says every body is equal) to throughout China for finding people who aren’t following communism rules, while he is breaking them. This was stated on pg.134 I the Red Scrf Girl .My husband wasn’t listening to foreign radio, and if he was what is the big deal I mean wouldn’t you get communication with other countries in the world instead of the closest on The Soviet Union. 

4. How did you feel when your husband was free of the accuse of listening to foreign radio?

Answer: I was really nervous so I got sick but after hearing that my husband has been freed from the accuse I felt a lot better. Well I got confused when they took my husband to the jail because he was listening to the radio but in real he wasn’t. I was really scared what will they do with him and even my children and my mother in law got scared. My daughter Ji Li had to face many problems to go and meet her dad like people wouldn’t let her go in only rarely they would let her go in and meet her dad and give her dad what I gave him like clothes and food. This was stated on pg.187 in the Red Scarf Girl. This is what I say my honor.

No comments: